Soursop tea is great for helping to treat diabetes and hypertension, but it can also help to reduce insomnia as it has sedative and calming properties.
Despite having several health benefits, soursop tea should be consumed in moderation, as excessive consumption can result in side effects, such as hypotension, nausea and vomiting, for example.
See also: How to Use Avocado Leaves Against Worms
Making Soursop tea
Soursop tea is easy and quick to make, and 2 to 3 cups of soursop tea can be consumed daily, preferably after meals.
- 10 g of dried soursop leaves
- 1 liter of boiling water
- Preparation mode
To make the tea, simply place the soursop leaves in the boiling water and leave for about 10 minutes. Then strain and consume when it is warm after meals.
Side effects and contraindications of soursop tea
Although soursop has several benefits, the consumption of soursop tea should be guided by a herbalist or nutritionist, as consumption in excessive amounts of soursop tea can result in nausea, vomiting, sudden decrease in pressure and intestinal changes, since due to its antimicrobial properties, it is able to eliminate good bacteria from the body when consumed in excess.
In addition, the use of soursop by pregnant women is not indicated due to the fact that it may result in premature birth or abortion.
What is Soursop tea for?
Soursop has therapeutic properties that can be used to help treat some diseases such as:
- Fight diabetes – because it has fibers that prevent sugar from rising quickly in the blood.
- Relieve rheumatism pains – it has anti-rheumatic properties that help to reduce inflammation and pain.
- It helps to treat stomach ailments such as ulcers and gastritis – because it has anti-inflammatory properties that decrease pain.
- Reduce insomnia – by having sedative properties that help you fall asleep.
- Lower blood pressure – it is a diuretic fruit that helps to regulate high blood pressure.
- In addition, due to its antioxidant properties, soursop improves the appearance of the skin and hair and strengthens the immune system. Learn about other soursop benefits.
See also: 6 simple tricks to relieve toothache